Sunday, August 26, 2012

To stay or not to stay: Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color

While reviewing YSL's Glossy stains in the previous blog post, I suddenly remembered "Wait a minute - there is something similar in my make up bag already!" And there it was - long forgotten Maybelline Super Stay. 

The fact that it was long forgotten occurred because it was not used for ages. So I decided to give it a second chance and...Disappointment again... Now, let me begin with describing what this product actually is. 
This lipstick/stain has two ends: the colored end with the applicator and the lip balm.

It took a lot of practice before I figured out how to apply it. The pigmented part of the lipstick dries very quickly, so you have to get it right from the first stroke and, since I have the deep red color, any little imperfection is very visible. If would have been fine if one had time to play around, but when it dries (in around 10 seconds) it's impossible to correct. Then you have to get it off and start all over again...(annoying and time consuming).
After applying the pigment (one or two coats) comes the lip balm, which adds shine to the lips. 

For me, Maybelline Super Stay is not gonna stay in my make up bag for long. Whilst, is goes stay on for a really long time and it's very pigmented and the price is fine(€13,99), ....it dries your lips like CRAZY (unless you reapply the balm every 10 minutes!), it feels like dried raisin,  it looks harsh and dry...and the color changes after a little while. I bought the bright red and ended up with deep burgundy, which doesn't really suit me...

So, no - Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color is not something for me. May be there is a different technique for applying or may be with a different color the mistakes are less noticeable... If there is , please let me know. 

Hope you enjoyed, xo 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so nice on you what a shame it's so drying! Lovely post x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good, but only for the first 10 minutes..Thank You so much for a lovely comment! xo

      Delete