Saturday, August 11, 2012

Clean Start with Dermalogica

Clean Start for Clear skin? Today I want to review Dermalogica's face cleanser Clean Start.
Now, I have red and heard a lot of good feedback and reviews about Dermalogica in general, but I have never tried any of their products before. So, I decided to snap to it and bought a couple of things to try, including Clean Start.

Let's start with the positives: I like the fact that it has an active ingredient - Salicylic Acid (0,5%) - which is good for acne-prone skin and just generally clears out the skin. My skin type is normal to combination and this wash didn't break me out.
It is reasonably priced - 20 € for 180 ml of product. It smells nice and refreshing (smells a little like oranges). Also, it can be used on the face, neck and chest, but I use it only on the face and neck. 
It is a foaming gel cleanser,  comes out clear. The tube doesn't have a pump, you have to squeeze it out, but the consistency isn't too runny, so you can stop on time. 
The directions say you have lather a small amount in damp hands, then rub over face. (No, don't get it into your eyes! It feels like you have a bucket of sand in your eyes and you can wash it out!!!) I massage it for a minute or so and rinse with water. 

Now. all in all its not bad cleanser: it gives a gentle, but thorough cleanse, BUT it leaves my skin feeling very dry and the feeling doesn't go away unless I use skin tonic after the cleanse. May be it works better on oily skin...My verdict is Don't knock it till you try it, but beware - it can make your skin dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment