Friday, August 24, 2012

Lip Seduction:YSL Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain

The buzz about YSL's  Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres glossy stains still goes on! It's my turn to review the most fabulous glossy stains. Recently I've purchased 2 of them and decided to share my experience. 

I have never tried any of YSL's lip products before, so this is the first for me. At first I've red very good reviews online, including make up artist (Lisa Eldrige) -  I immediately thought - it must be worth trying, but then I saw the price ( RRP in the Netherlands - 33€) and decided to wait. But the question "Is it really that good?" kept me awake at night, so I decided to try anyway (never mind the price:):)
I picked up two shades - Nr. 13 - Rose Tempera - pretty pink shade, with very fine, almost undetectable blue pearl in; And Nr. 11 - Rouge Gouache - bright deep red/berry-ish color. 
This lip product does not quite fit in "lipstick" or "lip gloss" category. It's a rather unusual hybrid between gloss, lipstick and stain. I wouldn't say that there is nothing like it on the market - there definitely is. Off the top of my head there is Maybelline's Super stay 24 color, L'oreal's Infallible never fail lipstick etc. But the difference is - before the Glossy stains it was never "The perfect product". I have tried Maybelline 24 Color stay - it was pigmented and it stayed on for long time, but it was so drying. 
It does take a little bit of practice to finally apply it perfectly. I do it in two stages: first apply a thin layer, defining the lips and getting the color worked in. Then, apply second layer to add more color and voilá - glossy, plumped, sexy lips that will last you good 2-3 hours without touching up. 
Nr. 13 - Rose Tempera


It fades nicely throughout the day, but you might wanna do a touch up after a meal (especially if you're ordering something oily.I find that oil is the only thing that takes this lipstick off).
Nr.11- Rouge Gouache

Somehow, my camera couldn't pick up the real color. On the picture it looks like orange based red, whereas in fact it's more berry, deep red (at least on me..)

Overall, I think this product is Fantastic! YSL managed to do the impossible - to make a stain that is glossy, but isn't drying on the lips, is pigmented and last a long time. Yes, it is expensive, but I believe one will get many fabulous compliments on the lips out of the tube. There are 20 shades to choose from, so there will be a color to catch the eye. 

Hope you enjoyed, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment