Monday, August 27, 2012

Nailed: YSL La Laque Couture

I have a confession to make - I have a little obsession with nail polishes and... I am in love ..again. This time with YSL's La Laque Couture nail polish collection. I came across these polishes when I realized I don't have anything exciting to wear on my toes this summer ( already past summer - time flies!!!), so I went to the make up counter to look around and boom! Found the nail polish Holy Grail. 
Image from ymbeautyblog.com
At first I was lost - there are 30 most amazing colors to choose from, but, after half an hour of poking around and confusing sales people, I decided to go for the maroon fuchsia color called Fuchsia Cubiste (Nr.8). I ran home and (of course!) repainted my nails immediately. I got sooo excited about this nail polish, I went back the next day and picked up another one called Bronze Aztec Nr. 28. 
Firstly, I love the packaging. I think it looks very luxurious with the thick glass and the golden, shiny top with YSL logo. But it doesn't stop there - the quality is really good too. The formula is close to perfect - not too thick, not too thin, the pigmentation is fantastic - 1 coat is enough to get a perfect looking nail (2nd coat to intensify the color).
One Coat

Two Coats
This is a very vibrant color, perfect for summer and may I just say - it goes on like a butter, dries super fast and doesn't chip for ages. Although I do use the base coat, I can easily go 4-5 days without touch-ups. 

The second shade is rather nontraditional dark green color with very fine golden shimmer in it. Normally, I wouldn't go for a color like this, but I thought it would look pretty on the toes ( it totally does!). Besides, it's very refreshing and not very common. 
With Flash



As for the price - it is pricey (RRP - 23,50 for 10ml.). This is, probably, the most I would pay for a nail polish, but it does have very good quality and very pretty colors. If you decide to splurge on a high end, luxury nail polish and treat yourself, definitely consider YSL's La Laque Couture collection. 

Hope you enjoyed, xo


2 comments: