Monday, August 27, 2012

Lancaster After Sun Tan Maximizer/Moisturizer

Since I live in the Netherlands I haven't seen a real summer. When occasional sunny day finally arrives there is always SPF 30 (even though I want to be tanned, I don't want any sun damage) and before you know it - summer is gone and the lovely, golden summer tan is a no-show. So, I decided to find a solution for that (besides fake tanning) and kill two birds with one stone. Just about then it was time I came across Lancaster's After Sun Tan Maximizer. 
At first, I thought I am a little too late with this review and it's not a good time anymore - summer is almost gone - but then I thought, may be it is, because all sun products now are on big sale. It can peacefully wait on the shelf until the next summer or that fabulous vacation to a hot country. As the matter of fact, I was lucky with the price as well - my local make up counter had a huge sale on all Lancaster sunscreens, after suns etc. Reduced from 34,00 (for 125ml.) to 13,00 it seemed like a very good deal, so I bought it. 

At first I thought it was something like a fake tan - tinted moisturizer kind of thing, but I was wrong. Although  it does have a veery slight, almost undetectable yellow tint to it, it comes out just as a white moisturizer. 
How to use: on the tube it says: "Apply generously to face and body after sun exposure, for at least 4 days to increase your tan.", which I did and , I think, it actually made a little difference. With just a couple sunny days that we had here in the Netherlands I actually managed to look tanned. 
It goes on clear, just leaves a moisturized feeling to the skin

One thing I have to mention is the smell. I don't even know how to describe it - it's not a sunscreen smell, nor  a fake tan smell. Just this annoying smell some moisturizers have, I guess. 

To sum it up - I do like this product and I would repurchase it again, but only on sale. It is 13,00 good, but not 34,00 good. For 34,00 one could buy a really good fake tan and don't bother with tan maximizers. 

Hope it was helpful, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment