Sunday, September 2, 2012

Essie nail polish: Unusual Angora Cardi

Although the word about Essie nail polishes has spread far and wide, nail polish lovers in the Netherlands have not been able to lay their hands on one until May 2012. In time for summer, giving girls just enough time to get ready and explore the whole new, exciting world full of color. Needless to say I didn't waste my time before I ran to the store and picked up a couple of unusual and fabulous Essie nail polishes. 

One of the reasons Essie nail polishes are famous is huge variety of colors. On Essie website I found 266(!) amazing shades. In retail points in the Netherlands (which are Etos and DA) there are not so many, although enough to please a demanding customer. 
http://www.vogue.nl/beauty/blog/3
I picked up a couple pf shades (stay tuned!), but today I want to review Nr. 42 Angora Cardi. All Essie nail polishes retail for € 9,99 which, for a good quality product, I think is reasonable, besides you get 13,5 ml.

I chose this color because I likes the weirdness of it. It's this deep plumy - dusty rose color. On the picture above the color looks a little lighter than it actually is.  
I don't think that this is the best nail polish I have ever tried, but I will say it's good quality, it lasts on the nails (with base coat) good three days without chipping and I do a lot of dishes every day, so that's quite impressive. The pigment is really good as well - one coat is enough.
This is how is looks actually
One coat
The formulation is very creamy and good consistency. I am happy with how it looks on my nails. It's a rather dark color, but I find it's not difficult to wear and it goes well with a lot of other colors.

All in all - I am hooked. Can't wait to be back at Essie's endless color paradise and make some new discoveries. Hope you enjoyed, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment