Monday, September 10, 2012

Bourjois Blush Rose d'Or

I've been loving this beautiful Bourjois blush for the last month, so I decided it's about time I share it with you all... 

I think one can never have enough blushes in the make up bag. Luckily, there is more than one blush shade that suits each skin tone. Depending on the lipstick shade, make up look you are going for or just your mood blush can change accordingly. Besides, there is so many textures, colors and formulations on the market at the moment that it is almost impossible to make just one choice. 

So here it is - my favorite blush of the month...
Not for nothing Bourjois is famous for their foundations and for their blushes - Good quality, fantastic value for money, vast variety of colours. It often is compared to Chanel blushes - the texture is almost the same - both baked, they are both made in France, at the same place  (I wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the same factory) and the quality is more or less the same too. Bourjois blushes are fantastic and they cost much less than Premium Houses' blushes. Chanel's blush is € 38,13 for 4 grams and Bourjois's is € 11,17 for 2,5 grams. The difference in price is definitely noticeable.
It has very fine golden shimmer to it, but very subtle - you almost don't notice it.

It comes with a brush - not the most fantastic brush in the world, but , if necessary it will do. I like the fact that it is well pressed, so there is no dusty mess that some blushes have - I find it very annoying, because it's a waste of product and the packaging gets dirty very fast. It has good pigmentation as well, so it is easy to work with.
Never mind the eye brows - they have the life on their own


This colour is very pretty, vibrant, youthful pink. I find it really lightens up the face, making me look awake, healthy and glowing. The only bad thing I can say about this blush is the smell - it's very heavily perfumed. It smells like old make up from my Granny's purse, but after I apply it on my cheeks, I don't smell it anymore. So, it's no biggie for me.

Overall, it's a very good blush. Good texture, beautiful colours and they are very affordable. In the nearest future I will be adding some more of Bourjois blushes to my make up collection. Do you own any of Bourjois blushes? What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.

I hope you enjoyed!
xx, Elena

3 comments:

  1. Love this blush as well - my favourite of the Bourjois round pot blushes I have, and one of my favourite blushes in general. It looks really pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete