Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Skin Tint review

Some months back I found myself looking for a tinted moisturizer. I am always in search of the perfect base, which is bad for my wallet, frustrating for me and very good for economy. So, after a lot of looking around I came across Dior's Pro-Youth Skin Tint from their Hydra Life range. I've red a lot of positive reviews online and after careful consideration I decided - I will give it a try.

www.sephora.com
The packaging looks quite simple, but nice - just the silvery/greeny tube with indication of the shade in front. On the back of the tube it has a description what it does to your skin and how it works : "An ultra-moisturizing and protective care...has light defusing pigments for a natural and visibly enhanced complexion". It also has SPF 20, which is handy.

It has only 3 shades, which I think is a very big (and only) downside to this product. But I've managed to find my match in shade 002 Golden (quite frankly, this is a match only for the summer time). In the Netherlands it retails for € 39.70, in the USA it's $40.00 for 50 ml of product, which I think is a good value for money (most foundations cost the same for 30ml).


It doesn't have a pump - you just have to squeeze it out. I would have preferred a pump, but it's no big deal  - the product has good consistency, so you can stop when necessary. 

No make up

Only Dior Skin Tint

Moving on to the best part of this skin tint - I love the glow it gives my skin. Basically, it does what it says - generally improves your complexion, without looking cakey or overly made up. Although it goes out the tube looking just like a normal foundation, it blends very well into your skin, leaving slightly dewy to natural finish. Another thing I love is that I don't feel it on my skin at all - the formula is so lightweight, a dream come true. 

The bottom line is - I really like this product and I might as well stick with it (unless I find something better, of course). The only downside (which is a big one, though) that it comes only in 3 shades. My recommendation would be to try it before you buy it. 

I hope it was helpful, xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment